Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Held Together By a Paper Clip

Literally.

So last weekend, my mom and I went Goodwill shopping for furniture for my apartment. We had Nick with us so it was slightly unpleasant after the 4th hour at the 5th store.
Good results though!! I found an awesome coffee table for $15.
(UPDATE: Finished pics found here..)
A file cabinet for $10 which my mom was just talking about the night before.
(UPDATE: More Pictures)
I worked wonders on that coffee table.
It went from that ugly 90's yellow wood to a beautiful satin finished ebony. 
IN LOVE.
I sanded and spray painted the file cabinet to (what I thought) were the colors of my room.
Come to find out that gray comforter on JCP.com was actually taupe.
Not even close.
So the file cabinet needs to be repainted.
I'll put up PSA's about the products I used, later.

Along with these furniture purchases I was looking for slacks to wear to work.
Because I refuse to spend $40 or more on work pants. I don't know.
I struck gold.
I found two pairs of Banana Republic slacks at Thrift Town. $8.99 and $9.99
Luckily that day all purple tags were half off. SCORE.
Now, normally I am a size 5...but apparently I am a Goodwill size 2. So that's that.
One pair fit perfectly. High waisted, length was perfect. 
The other...not so much.
They fit my butt perrrrrfectly.
They zip but don't button.
And they're high water.
I didn't have another clean pair today...so those were it.
I've been afraid they were gonna fall down all day so I make-shifted a button and am now being held together by a paper clip.
Story of my life.
There's no cure for my cold ankles though.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...