Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Where I Am & Why I Am Here

I thought long and hard about how I should start this post
since it's sort of the first real time you all will start to know me.
And as much as it pains me and I hate it
I'm going to share a little bit of flashback to understand where I'm coming from in all of my endeavors.
 (Last place this story will ever be told)

So with much hesitation and relief here's a brief, general 
FLASHBACK
Almost 2 years ago:
A boy and a girl fell in love. 
Real love, not the high school romances they had in high school 
that landed them with children they were too young for
 and a divorce that came way too late for a 22 year old.
Talk of weddings, moving in, kids in the future. Heavy stuff.
Honeymoon phase wore off apparently, life set it.
Identities get lost, true colors show.
Each others willingness to sacrifice for the other are made know.
One is left broken hearted. The other moves on quickly...


(If only you knew how many times I typed that and erased it and corrected as not to drag on 
but didn't quite capture the essence and trauma of the whole incident...oh well)
That brings us to today. 
Currently, I am sitting in the office building of a pharmaceutical company.
9 days away from being in an apartment of my own.
Nick is on his first week of a new daycare.
 I have resourcefully gotten my life back in order
financially, personally, romantically (or lack thereof).
There are still minor complications in my life at the moment, soon to be taken care of.
fear of visiting that past that's too hard to face opening a storage unit
to retrieve parts of a life that was being built on a love
that ended up being a gross misunderstanding of expectations.

But, as I sit in this office, I know that it all behind me.
On a page for the world to see
and off my back in an effort to let go of wrong doings. 

Alert:
It just needed to be said and seen. Every girl needs it.
Last time this will ever be talked about.
PROMISE. CROSS MY HEART.
My posts will never be this dark again. 
To prove it, here's a little snippet of my joy.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...