Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Career Path Change

I amaze myself at how productive I can be given the right circumstances.
There are many times where I feel useless or unproductive or lazy
But then there a the few rare moments that prove that I am not.

This weekend I moved an old art table down from my moms attic that weighed about 50lbs
All by myself. 
In cowboy boots.

My point of this post happened today, right now as a matter of fact.
This morning, I was surfing Pinterest and doing personal things instead of working
And I felt really bad! They're paying me to help them with their overwhelming amounts of work.
The CFO asked if I would order my department lunch (on his card of course, not mine HA)
So, I personally took everyone's order with a smile :)
Conversed politely made everyone feel great, especially the lady in tears because she lost a check.
(Point for me)
Waiting for lunch to be delivered, my manager calls me in to do an assignment for her
But not before she shared with me the amounts of positive feedback I'm getting from people I don't even work for.
(Another point for me)
Comments on how I always look like I'm a "busy little worker bee"
Even though I'm usually Pinning, blogging, or emailing my mom about pointless crap
Lunch gets here and I help set up. (Point)
My manager is on a conference call so I snag her a couple of her favorite cookies and deliver her lunch personally. (Point)
This doesn't seem too unreasonable to me but everyone is so impressed!
I even ordered the CFO an extra sandwich in case he was hungry (he was-Double Points)

This has led me to believe that I would be a stellar secretary or personal assistant.
Someone rich and important...and handsome.
Maybe have an affair like all boss-secretary duos do.
Get married.
Live happily ever after!

Why did I ever think college was a good idea? HA.

Honestly, I'm joking. But it'd be cool right? No excluding the possibility...

Today has been a really good day.
Going to pick my new/craigslist table this afternoon.
Assuming my truck delivery guy (Andy) wants to show up on time.

xoxoxthanks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...