Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

If A Tree Falls In The Forest...

This weekend was CRAZY.
I am in love with my new place.
Here's some pictures I took while moving, and shopping, and eating and stressing out about everything.


Perfectly pleased with the way everything turned out.
This was probably the easiest move I have ever done.
2 minutes down the street, took two trips to get all of my things.
Had the bedroom set up before dark!

I had a real dilemma with all of this, though.
I'm so used to my mom being the project leader on these kinds of things
that I found myself lost and scatter brained with out.
I almost started crying because I wished she were there helping me instead of on her lavish beach birthday getaway with her boyfriend.
And it seemed like no matter what I did no one noticed I was freaking out.
When I was in crisis no one was around, so how were they supposed to know I was having a panic attack at that moment?
I was having a serious meltdown over my kitchen table. 
I haven't been able to find one on Craigslist for weeks and every kept putting my idea of just building one myself, down.

This morning I found this amazing piece on Craigslist.
I know God answered my prayers on this one.
I frantically started making plans, texted the person, know when and whereI'm getting it.
Budgeted the money for it.
Emailed the link to my mom.
Texted my brother to borrow his truck.
Putting all these things in motion then found myself frustrated when no one responded.
I was in an ecstatic moment of joy and got no responses.
I was the tree that fell in the forest.
And I can tell you this- No. It doesn't make a sound.
Depressing  I know.
This will count as my BEFORE Picture.
I will reference it again once I start the DIY for this.
Here's some ideas of what I'm going to do with this gem.
HTML tutorialHTML tutorialHTML tutorial
UPDATE 2/11/2014:
It's COMPLETE.
Check out the pics and (sorta) tutorial on what I did.
The Chalkboard Kitchen Table

xoxothanks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...