Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

With New Germs Come New Responsibilities

This is an awful moment of procrastination.
I should be showering and getting ready for work, but this is much more pressing.

Late last night, the consequences of a new daycare struck our home.
My tiny little four year old, still doesn't under stand the "blow" in "blow your nose"
Nothing sounds worse than a little person sniffing with all of their might hoping it will help.
My elbows deep in Vick's, and one breathing treatment later I make the decision that I will be taking the federal holiday that wasn't originally entitled to.
I found too many pluses into taking the day off.
More time to get the check for daycare,
More time to get my File Cabinet Alteration done,
More time to sleep in...
Oh, and of course, more time for Nicky Poodles to rest up and recharge.

But like most sick children, as soon as he woke up,
It was like nothing ever happened. 
Same old bright and perky kid with a slightly horse voice.
I'm not complaining. 
A day at home alone with my baby? Hobby Lobby open? Fine with me.
HTML tutorial
Click Here for the same coupon.
With my 40% Off Coupon in hand, I finally bought my stencil for the cabinet.
I have no pictures yet and I will tell you why...
The biggest key in stenciling something onto a cabinet like this is 
PATIENCE.
And because I have none, this project became a much more difficult one for me.
After redoing, and redoing touch ups I finally let it go and is drying over night before I attempt to finish stenciling.
A few pointers that I'm noticing so far
  • Follow instructions on stencil package. Use suggestions on how to line up the stencil when repeating.
  • Don't start stencil in the middle of your project. Off-set it so repeating the stencil is easier.
  • Once sprayed, remove the stencil immediately. Paint will start to dry and when you peel the stencil off...so will your original paint job *headache*
  • Allow paint to dry before going onto the next section of stencil.

I'm going over a satin finish spray paint with a high gloss top coat. 
So the color is staying original its just the texture changing.
This made my job a little more tricky, as well.
Do your work in the sunlight but don't let the work dry in the sun.

All in all, a marvelous day off. Considering the weather is about to take a huge turn for the worse tomorrow.
And now, procrastination averted...I am headed for a nice relaxing bubble bath and then bed.
Only FIVE MORE DAYS till I can bubble bath in my very own garden tub.

Night all! xoxothanks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...