Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Musical Shades

This is a project that I have had done for quite a while now
Just haven't been able to get a good pic of it yet.

The Sheet Music Lampshade

Pinterest inspiration from here
*click-able image*

I did mine a little differently.
Mainly because I ain't made of money!
I did not use a circle cutter or circle punch of any kind.
Just good ol' fashioned manual labor.

I bought this beauty at Half Price Books a few weeks ago.
I was in band in high school and know I had at least 2 or 3 of these
But with all the moving in and out..
They probably got sold in a garage sale somewhere along the line.
 photo A13DDBD0-8EC9-4A5C-81B9-09933D82D0B1_zpsxmndlvpg.jpg
$1.99 for 100+ pages of musical, crafty goodness?
BARGAIN.

So here's what I did
In the very professional manner that I do things..

Needs:
Sheet Music- Old or New. There are many tips and tricks to making new pages look old.
Check these sites out. Herehere and here!
You can also use maps, book pages, newspapers, old sewing patterns...hey that'd be neat!
Scissors- or if you want to get all precise: circle cutter or circle punch. Sold at any craft store for about $15
Yeah...that's why I didn't get them.
Cup/Bowl/Stencil- If you're using a cutter, skip this item. I used cup to trace the circle. Anything the size you want it to be.
Glue- Now this is also something if you want to get all precise. I used what I had on hand...which was alot of stuff. I didn't know what might melt on the lamp or not. I just went with fabric glue and it's held up so far.
A Lampshade-Duh. I just a got a cheapy little $5 one from Walmart that we used on an old lamp. If you're smart...use a round lamp shade and not one with edges. It looks cute, but was a pain to adhere correctly.

Do it:
1. Cut 4 or 5 pages out of the book at a time.
2. Trace circle as many times as it will fit on the page.
3. Cut out all the circles!
4. This is where you get creative. Decide how you want your circles to look. I over lapped mine to look like fringe. Sorta folded them to make them stick out a little more.
5. Glue glue glue glue glue glue!
*and repeat if you didn't cut enough circles*



Tutorial for dummies...maybe that's what I should rename my site...
This was super easy and fun. I love the way it looks in my room.
Share your pics with me and show me your spins on it!

xoxothanks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...