Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

What Today Led Me to

I wish I could say I got a lot more done this weekend
But I am happy with the fact that I got to sleep in both days.
That's like gold to me, now.

This has been a really odd Monday.
I ran out of work to do, like usual
I ran out of people to talk to, like usual
I ran out of things to pin, like usual

It was more than just boring though
Because I've had some serious things pressing on me
Well, not me directly.

My mom is going through a big career change.
And today may be her last day at the company she's been with
For the last 10 years.
I haven't heard from her about how anything is going.

My best friend is going through some hard times as well.
Anxiety issues from being alone so far away.
So much so, that we may have to cancel our trip this weekend :(

Also, with all of the crap in the air lately
Nick's allergies were extremely bad this weekend.
He wasn't 100% when I dropped him off at school
So that's been worrying me as well.

I've really been feeling for all of them all today and I guess that's put me in a funk.
Just a few minutes ago
I was thinking of what I could do to help.
I know nothing monumental or anything to fix their situations
But something to brighten things up.

And that is exactly what I'm going to do.
Brighten things up.
I've been seeing these "Box full of sunshine" on Pinterest
And I thought this would be really nice for my bestie!
Depending on when I find out if we're going this weekend
I'll either start it this week or next.
I have so many ideas and cant wait to start.

And totally cannot wait until this day is over.
I want to go home and snuggle with my Sicky P.
(That's what I call him when he's sick)

On a funny note:
This morning I was displeased with my lack of hair styling
While driving to work I sincerely wished I had something to do with it.
When I remembered
A few years ago (Yes I said years)
I went through a sock bun phase
And remembered I left one in my middle console
SCORE!!
Found a sock. Stuck it in my hair.
Having a messy cluttered car pays off!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...