Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Lightening Strikes Maybe Once, Maybe Twice

I've had a pretty busy schedule lately,
really enjoying life.
And with that are some really thought provoking moments.
I'm appreciating my important things more these days.

I finally have Wi-Fi set up in the APT!
I'm still trying to think of a witty network name...
(If you have any suggestions let me know-right now it's PorqueFi hehe)
And while I struggled to communicate with the service rep on the phone,
Nick fell asleep in my lap.
I love those moments.

My drives to and from work are the most beneficial.
Even though I hate driving all the way out to Arlington everyday...
It'll be a bittersweet day when this job ends.
Because I like these self reflective moments and then I hate them
Because I cry almost every time...
If any of you follow my playlists you'll understand my reference to the title.

Stevie made me think,
These last few months I've been thinking what went wrong and then what went right
The highs and lows of it all.
Despite the fact I may just be being delusional,
The good times were really good good times.
Informal proposals, dancing in the kitchen with the kids, enthusiasm for a different kind of lifestyle.
Adoration of a new family, many many firsts together.

I'm scared that Miss Nicks was right.
I think my lightening already struck.
Maybe it'll happen again. Maybe not...
Sad thought...

I watched Silver Linings Playbook the other day...
I don't know why we didn't watch that movie together like we wanted...I digress.
That movie is really suiting. 
Pat said "I'm my best self today and I think she's her best self today and our love's going to be fucking amazing"

HTML tutorial
I love this quote. I think I am my best self today,
I don't know if he is.
But I think had I been my best self back then, things would have worked out...
I'm sort of in Pat's dilemma.
Sure, if they're their best selves then it'll probably work out again.
But Nikki wasn't going to give him that chance even though it was probably enough.
He falls in love with Tiffany which is a better thing for him.
This has definitely made me more hopeful.

Yeah, if we tried it again it would work
But he's not going to give me that chance.
So, I'm going to find my own crazy to fall in love with even greater.

I love Fleetwood Mac, and after hearing that song it made me more optimistic too.
Lightening strikes maybe once, maybe twice.
I'm just waiting for round two.
And it's better to do that than jump into it with Mattress Giant girl a week later.
*ahem*
And in the mean time, I'm going to keep being my best self.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...