Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

What A Mean Holiday

Remember the days in school
when we weren't allowed to give out invitations
unless there was one for everyone?

I think holiday's should be that way.
There shouldn't be a holiday that not everyone can celebrate.
**I started to list some holidays and then realized
they all exclude a certain group of people..
This is the world we live in**

Single people can't enjoy today.
AT ALL.
If I have to bring 15 boxes of candy to all the kids in Nick's class;
so no one feels left out,
Today shouldn't exist.

But, I will carry on with the day
Wincing in pain away from everything heart shaped and flowery
Running away when people start kissing in front of me
Or smashing the radio when another love song comes on
And getting hammered at The Bearded Lady tonight with my Lubbock buddy.
Which will not be a date.

It's much more fun to be cynical on Valentine's Day than to actually celebrate it anyway.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...