Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Where Do I Begin...

WHAT A WEEKEND
Both good and bad.

Without going into horrible detail, which I'm sure you are all uninterested in,
I went on my "not-a-date" outing with my Lubbock buddy
On Valentine's Day, yeah yeah.
Where I got too terribly intoxicated and nearly pulled a John Bonham late that night.
I like to think that my motherly instincts saved me here.
Although my senses were clearing inhibited
I still had the sense enough to get up and clean things that needed to be cleaned...
I didn't really tell anyone the extent of my drunkenness
Because it's somewhat embarrassing.
But I don't know any of you all so that's a little more sensible, right?

Even though I drank more than my share,
We went to the coolest bars.
After dinner at Mijo's (which rocked as usual)
We went to The Boiled Owl.
HTML tutorial
SO COOL. Awesome happy hour specials too.
Right next to the Yucatan Taco Stand.
I even made friends in the bathroom..
With a girl named Munzie. Golden.
They even had Netflix on the TV
And I'm prrrretty sure we were watching Shark Tale...

Then we ventured to The Bearded Lady
Which I have been dying to go to.
THE BEARDED LADY
I'm in love.
I will come back here.
Even if I have to do it alone.
There's a story to this place that I do not know yet,
But when I do-I will Yelp review it and link it up in Lil Local Lovin

I lugged my sheets over to Mom's the next day...she laughed at me.
She's been there and done all of that so she just thinks it's funny when it happens to me.
She actually threw up in a cowboy boot in her younger party days.
So she knows all about what I was going through.
She also knows that a good hangover cure is pedicures.
And she knows that the last pedicure I got was in sad depression several months ago
When I could barely stop crying for an hour.
Moving on.

Most of that day was spent buying the few things left that I needed for my pad.
Hung curtains up in the living room...
Which like I told my mother, and let me tell you
The next time I have to put up curtains in a house,
My husband will be doing it.
I do pride myself in the fact that I am capable of putting up my own curtains
That doesn't mean I want to.
I did a really good job with the bad attitude and annoyance for my mom.
Only made two unnecessary holes out of the six that needed to be there.
And the curtains look fabulous.
(Pics to come)
Set up my Roku,
Which in true fashion of my mother, she looks down upon.
It's a very nifty tool.
I only need to figure out what to do once Mother cancels her ATT subscription.

We hit up the deli and watched  Downton Abbey the rest of the evening.
Remind me to make a post on all of my favorite TV Series,
It's definitely something I am too passionate about.

Now to my favorite part of the weekend
STORY TIME.
There me and Mother are, deciding to get something for breakfast...
Waiting in line at Denny's...
The more time goes buy as we are waiting and the more smelly
Ethnic clientele come cycling through the place
We wonder...there has to be something better than this.
Right as they were about to call our names we peaced out of that hole.

Hit up Yelp and off we went.
Magnolia St is wonderful.
We noticed not many people were at Mijo's and wanted a change.
Saw a cute little patio and a Brunch menu sign that said
"First Two Rounds of Mimosas ON US"
Sign from heaven
All-Let me introduce you to Shaw's on Magnolia.
When driving by it reminded me of Cheers!
This place was so cute.
And I am assuming, bad ass in the later hours.
We had brunch and I had the french toast.
But not normal french toast.
The waitress warned me that they do not have regular syrup at all
And that some people send the toast back because of this.
They serve them with a caramel dipping sauce.
WHY WOULD YOU SEND THAT BACK!
It was my favorite part along with the fresh fruit on top!
(I'll post pics once I get home of these places
I can't upload from my iPad at work...boo.)
It was so cozy in this place.
A wall of vintage metal lunchboxes.
A super pretty bar, which I couldn't help but notice the signs.
$4.99 Margs all day Saturday.
Amazing happy hour deals.
16 different draft beers.
And when we left, the outdoor patio was full!
There's a stage like thing out there so I am assuming live music as well!

Fairmount is the coolest place in Fort Worth right now.
Please click on the picture above to see their website.
They are wonderful.

We took Andy to M&O before he went to work.
You've all eaten there since the last time I mentioned it right??
He loved it.

So other than my severe hangover and spotting Chris on my way home from work on Friday...
Long embarrassing story.
All you need to know is that it happened.
And I am better for it.
It was a great weekend.

xoxothanks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...