Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Lubbock Weekend

This is it people...
This is the day.
The day that I can almost say
Without too much hesitation
I am so much better.

I did not realize how much I needed that trip.
Though it wasn't the shwasty fest I imagined
Some pretty amazing things happened.

I don't want to say "I met someone"
Because that implies it's a "thing"
But I did make a new friend.
A tall, cute, flirty, friend.
And for about 5 hours I stopped thinking about that other guy...
Who??
I'm pretty confident nothing major will come of this
But at least I have someone to Snapchat during the day
And I finally feel special after nearly 6 months.
And I have more than 4 people to text
That isn't just my mom and dad...
And am the member of 2 new group texts.
Amazing what can happen in a few days, 300 miles away.


The Weekend Rundown
the quick version
After a surprisingly decent 5 hour ride
Testing the top speeds of the Prius
We waited far too long to get a steak.
Everyone got cranky
Boys started yelling at the poor hostess'
But I got my freakin steak.

After dinner we had to pick a drunk little brother up...
Stumbling outside of the bar- we picked up my new buddy.
And when a car is too small
There are too many people in it
And I am too small as well
I have to sit on someones lap in the back seat.
This is where our friendship began.
Though he was far too intoxicated to remember, we hit it off.

Next day Boys had breakfast with us.
Boys didn't want to shop with us but my new Buddy did.
Three girls and Buddy went to Francesca's.

No one could make up their mind about plans for the evening
Me and Buddy were the only ones who wanted to drink...alot.
But Main Event became an increasingly good idea.
Glow Golf, LaserTag, Bowling, Pool.
And my new buddy.

My other half. BFFL.

Never a normal photo..
I'm always getting tickled while trying to pose.
This happens under UV lights...FYI
Bowlin

With Giants
Day drinking. Candid shots.
 I could pour my heart out 
About my confusion on how to approach the whole situation.
But that would make me a neurotic girl.
The simple fact is
I made a new friend.
And I feel good.
Although, I am afraid to check my bank account....

Now to work on my beach bod!
Because in 3 months when I see my buddy again.
I'll be in a bikini.
Yikes.
Lookin for work out ideas. Advice?

xoxothanks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...