Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Need Some Mom Advice

Nick's been at his "kinda" new daycare now for...
almost three months.
He goes part-time.
3 days a week.
The other two, he goes with his grandparents.

I love the school.
It's clean.
The teachers are nice.
The kids seem happy.
But for some reason
Nick still has not warmed up to it.

Now when  I say "kinda" new
I mean, he started there last year for a few weeks
Then I stayed home with him while I was in school.
Until now.
And he had the same problem then!
Just never really opened up.

He's old enough to tell me if there's something wrong going on
Like if someone hurt him or was mean
So I know that's not the problem!

My biggest fear as a mom is that he'll be the unsocial kid
The one that is afraid to talk to everyone else or get involved.
It almost keeps me up at night.

So I don't know if it's the school or if I need to do something more to make him more social.
We're gonna start him in t-ball this spring.
I'm very excited about that.
And nervous.
Because I'm afraid he's gonna be too shy.

WHAT DO I DO
The only thing I can think of is that he should go full time
And get more used to the place.
But neurotic grandparents act like that's a sin.
And it's uber expensive.

I have no clue.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...